Tuesday 20 November 2012

Easy Peasy Pesto

I made this Pesto fresh today as I wanted it for the next recipe that I'm going to blog but I thought that I would blog this recipe separately as Pesto deserves a post in it's own right. So versatile is the green stuff can be a salad dressing, its lovely on pasta, roasted vegetables, chicken.......the list could go on but I have other things to do with my Tuesday night! There are loads of ways to make pesto but this is my really simple version. Here goes;

Pesto

Around 2 handfuls of Fresh Basil (though I think 3 would be better)
50g Pine nuts
30g grated Pecorino cheese (i think the slightly milder, nuttier taste makes this a better option than Parmesan)
1 clove garlic
Zest and juice of half a lemon
around 75ml olive oil
Seasoning

My directions are so unbelievable simple its embarrassing


Put all the ingredients into a food processor and whiz it up until its Pesto like. Taste, I could have done with a bit more basil but it still tasted yummy. You can then use it straight away or put in a jar in the fridge (usually keeps for about 3 days). Easy Peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment