Wednesday 24 September 2014

A Sniffle.........{and a cure}

















I hate getting colds and feeling run down, and I rarely do, but this is the time of year when it tends to
happen. Work has been so busy and full on and I feel like there has been no time just to be still and breathe. Just breathe. I hate taking any sort of medicine so I just go with rest, and vitamins from fresh fruit and veg and my honey, ginger and lemon drink that works better than any sort of lemsip. You can take this by just taking a teaspoon straight, adding a teaspoon to hot water or to some tea or even better use in a hot toddy - works every time.




Honey, Lemon and Ginger Syrup 


take a lemon and cut in to thin halves, pat down with kitchen paper to remove excess juice. Slice up some fresh ginger. layer half the ginger and lemon in a jar and pour over some honey, stir it up a bit. add the rest of the lemon and ginger and add some more honey. seal and put in fridge. stir it up before each time you use it as the juice from the lemon can thin it out a bit. I use local Kentish honey for this and so I swear it also helps improve my hayfever when the dark days of winter are over and spring arrives 

No comments:

Post a Comment