Thursday 16 April 2015

Hello to the Heatwave.......{Coconut and Lime "no churn" ice cream)









Lovely, lovely sunshine! It's so lovely and warm in Kent and London at the moment it makes it a pity that I have to spend my days working at my desk but such is life! My favourite warm weather food is, of course, ice cream. I love coconut ice cream and there’s a real lack of decent ones available in the shops, so I made it my mission to come up with my own version. This one is no churn which makes it so much more accessible; it’s so easy to make its almost embarrassing. The fresh flavours of the creamy coconut and zesty lime compliment the grilled pineapple perfectly. However, it's great just on its own.






"No Churn" Coconut and Lime Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple


397g (1 x tin) sweet condensed milk
580ml double cream
160ml coconut cream (Coconut milk would be fine too)
3 TBSP desiccated coconut
Zest of 1-2 limes
Fresh Pineapple, cut in to large slices (or rings if you’d prefer)


In a large bowl, whip the cream to very stiff peaks. Gently fold in the condensed milk, coconut cream, desiccated coconut and lime zest. Pour into a freezer-safe container, cover with cling film or container lid and leave to freeze for about 4 hours. When you are ready for dessert heat up a griddle pan (or any pan if you don’t have a griddle) and lay the pineapple down, cook for about 3 minutes on each side and then serve alongside the ice cream. Told you it was simple!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment